Friday 14 June 2013

Out with the old, In with the new.

Hi All,

Exciting news everyone... we've moved offices.

Yes, the DiVA's have relocated to Stratford. After packing up all our stuff, driving the removal van ourselves and setting up our new office, we're all settled in, I must say, I do like our new pad.

There's more space than our previous office and it's 5 minutes away from Stratford City, meaning regular trips to Westfield at lunch, not good news for my purse. As it's a warehouse building there are several types of organisations here, which means it's easy to spark up conversation. My favourite feature is the large windows, light floods in throughout the day when the London weather graces us with sunshine.

More good news; a few weeks back I completed college. We had to collate all the work and research we had done over the year, for one final pitch to an industry panel.
The panel included Teague Emery, Social Media Manager of Think Jam, Rosalie Jones, Account Executive of Grey London and of course, lead DiVA herself, Arit Eminue.
Due to my partner not being able to attend, my boss sitting on the panel and me being the first to pitch, I felt the odds were against me. My nerves rocketed. To add to the pressure, we were all competing for an £100 Westfield voucher and a Trophy.

Every team delivered their pitch and were told to wait outside whilst the panel made their decision. Resembling an episode of The Apprentice, we waited outside for what felt like hours.

When called back, they each gave us some feedback on our presentations and announced the winners.

My ears seemed to go into mute mode, I hadn't realised I had won until everyone began clapping and starring in my direction.

I was absolutely delighted; it was a perfect end to college. Plus, I got myself quite an outfit from Westfield. :)

Until next time.




Follow me on twitter - @SeleneShaw_Diva 

For the latest apprenticeships visit our website 

No comments:

Post a Comment